I received the error “Settings or services required to complete this request are not currently available. Try this operation again later. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.” when trying to configure the App URL’s after a greenfield installation of SharePoint 2019 but this can also occur on SharePoint 2013/2016.
There are a few possible solutions for this error where a reboot of the SharePoint servers is the easiest and quickest.
Verify the below SharePoint services and restart these if started or start these if the above doesn’t resolve the issue.
– Managed Metadata Service Application
– App Management Service Application
– Subscription Service Application
You can restart these with PowerShell. First run the following command in the SharePoint 201X Management Shell
This will list all services available and their current status. Note the ID and run the following command with the ID of the service:
Grant the service account of the application pool permissions for the App Management and the Subscription Settings Service Application if the above doesn’t resolve the issue by following the below steps:
1. Select the App Management Service Application
2. Click on Permissions and add the application pools service account with full control
3. Select the Subscription Settings Service Application
4. Click on Permissions and add the application pools service account with full control
5. Go back to Apps and verify if you don’t receive the error again.